Friday, February 26

Think Spring



Despite the foot of snow outside, our biggest storm of the year, it is spring in the studio. I am soaking up the extra hours of daylight and slathering on a thick coat of porcealin slip to brighten up my floral designs. The colors are cheerful and the patterns are lush. If you look closely you'll even notice a new and improved clear glaze! Now my greens are fresh and vivid.

New work is available at Handwork in Ithaca and Cappy's in Elmira.

Still trying to launch a web page so I can show more of my work. How is it that I can sit for hours in the studio tediously painting layers of colors but get anxious and overwhelmed the moment I sit in front of the computer.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Faith Pray said...

What beautiful work, Colleen!

mrsroberts said...

Hi Colleen. Its Jessica from the ECSD board. I found the Open Studio Tour Site from Denny Smith since we are on the library board. My sister was really big into ceramics in high school so I am thinking I might do a girls thing and take her and see some stops on the tour! Hopefully, I can catch you. I am sure she will love your work!

Jessica Roberts

Colleen McCall said...

Thanks, Faith! It was your Dad, Richard Jesse Watson, who really inspired me to become an artist when we were little girls.