Monday, February 28

Phase 2 complete

Before

After

While I was away picking up the kiln, Adam and Richard were installing my new studio floor.  The old floor I imagine was much like the surface of the moon.  It was a composite of undulating cement and river rock.  The new plywood floor is cushy on the feet and my fake laminate flooring makes it easy to mop.  I can even still wear my clogs in the studio despite having lost two inches of head space under my feet.  The next project or phase 3 is setting up the kiln and kiln vent.  Phase 4, lady sculpture storage...and some day a dreamy slate work top like those in grad school.  Abel is shown here at my old drafting table from high school.  Sad to say there will be no fall studio tour to show off my fabulous new space.  Maybe it will become a spring tour in 2012!



No comments: