Friday, April 27

Pots Own Mom

Brightly colored pots
A studio of her own
Happy Birthday Mom

This is the lovely haiku my daughter wrote to decorate the cookie cake we ordered for Sunday's celebration.
It's a shame that not everyone will get to read it and quite funny to think if we eat the cake from left to right it may say  "pots own mom."

I am super excited to show off my fully functioning studio and share my creative process with anyone brave enough to dodge the labyrinth of furnace duct work in my basement. Tuesday I decided I could probably fit three firings in this week before Sunday.  I think it was an adrenaline rush after having fired the wood kiln in the snow Monday morning.  So stubbornly I am well on my way to completing three firings in five days and not because I necessarily need the pots.  But because the pots own me.  The entire ceramic process can be lengthy and as I consider new forms and glazes I have been completely indecisive.  Having a deadline or series of goals has really pushed me this week.  Hopefully the turn out and  feedback on Sunday is worth it.  Looking forward to it!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

pots and you are one

kiln burning on snow

creation happens

looking forward to ducking the ducts...cu2mrrw joe and lynne