Friday, September 10

What's in your trunk?


The morning sun shines into my trunk as I collect my wet sculptures for their trip to the kiln in Corning.  I love these guys.  They're so fun to make.

The kids want to put more downspouts on the house so we can have one of each animal.  Usually our frog is under the Hydrangea and the fish is on the street side of the house where he does double duty as a chipmunk home when it's not raining. In the winter the fish is very cute too with a drool icicle and a snow mohawk on his fin.

These first two were sculpted from a solid block of clay for a Gargoyle class I taught.  The best part is scooping out the guts.  I should have a good collection of critters available at the studio tour and again in the spring time at Handwork in Ithaca, NY.

No comments: