Wednesday, September 7

First Day of School

Pretty excited to get the kids off to school today.  I have a cupboard full of pots to decorate.  They are staying quite damp with all this rain.  I guess I should have taken a picture of the bottoms too!  It's like having decorated 8 pots instead of four.  

Still playing with the ikat pattern.  It's really fun to paint so that it has a tromp l'oeil woven texture.  Thinking I should spend more time in the fabric store.  A trip to Mood in NYC would be excellent.  Perhaps I have been watching too much Project Runway when I start to think of my pots as fashion models while designing the pattern to compliment the form.  

The leaf pattern when fired should reveal a layer of leaves below the sponged straw surface.  I had to force myself to give up the tulip pattern for now.  I guess I'm not ready for the seasons to change.  For someone who paints lots of flowers it's hard to get all wintry in September.  After the kids got home I finished one more piece.  Wheat is a happy compromise from this Kansas girl.

No comments: